WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE?
LOADHOG LIMITED is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. The Recruitment Privacy Notice has been shared with you because you are applying for work with us (whether as an employee, worker or contractor). It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter.
- Any information you provide to us during an interview.
- The information we collect about if you take part in an assessment day.
- Your test results if you are asked to take a test as part of your application.
- Information required in order for us to conduct a legal right to work check.
- We may also collect, store and use the following types of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records. (but only if you choose to disclose this to us in advance of your interview in order for us to make reasonable adjustments for you.)
- Information about criminal convictions and offences (if we offer you a position and this information is applicable to the role).
Please note that should you be successful in your application, all of this data will form part of your employment record.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate.
- Recruitment agencies if they submit your details to us on your behalf.
- Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions (if applicable to the role).
- Your named referees.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND LAWFUL BASIS
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out background and reference checks, if applicable and you are offered a position.
- Make reasonable adjustments for you when you at interview where appropriate.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Communicate with your referees if you are offered a position.
- To check your legal right to work if you are offered a position.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We will use the information you provide to us to process your application and assess your suitability for the role.
The lawful basis we rely on for processing your personal data is processing necessary to perform a contract, which includes processing your personal information before deciding whether to enter into a contract of employment with you.
If you provide us with any information about reasonable adjustments you require under the Equality Act 2010 the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is to comply with our legal obligations.
We are also under a legal obligation to notify you if your application is unsuccessful or check your legal right to work if you are offered a position.
Please see the Information about criminal convictions section below for our legal basis for processing this information.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully and we will not be able to take your application further.
You will not be subject to decisions based on automated decision-making.
Final recruitment decisions are made by hiring managers and members of our recruitment team and we take account of all the information gathered during the application process.
DATA SHARING AND TALENT POOL
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
If your application is unsuccessful we may seek your consent for us to add you to a talent pool to contact you if a suitable alternative vacancy arises or if a vacancy arises in the GLIDE group of companies. The GLIDE group is an independent group of employee owned companies which have a close relationship with Loadhog Limited and share the same values. For details of the GLIDE group of companies see .
You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
Our third-party service provider and the GLIDE group of companies are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service provider to use your personal data for its own purposes. We only permit it to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from email@example.com or the Data Protection Team, Loadhog Ltd, Hawke Street, Sheffield, S9 2SU
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
If your application is successful we will retain the personal information we have collected in relation to your application on your employee file.
If your application is unsuccessful we will retain your personal information for a period of 6 months after we have communicated to you our decision. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. Please note that if a claim or potential claim is brought to our attention during the above 6 month period we will retain the data until the issue is resolved.
If you send us a speculative CV we will retain your personal information for a period of 6 months to ensure the data about you is up to date and relevant.
After the expiry of the above periods, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party,
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We have appointed a data privacy manager to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the data privacy manager at . You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues.