Innovation is at the very heart of what we do at Loadhog and our Ideas and Innovation team is both diverse and creative. This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to work with that team, in a role where you will play a key part in adding creative input to the overall design and development of new products. The role of a design engineer will allow you to be involved with the identification, creation and delivery of new products. You will spend time with customers to spot new areas for product development, working closely with marketing and manufacturing.
What is the role?
- Reporting to a senior designer within the product development team and working closely with the Head of I&I: Product Design, you will be an integral part of the team. The main duties of this role are:
- Working closely with our target market stakeholders to develop innovative products which meet the customer, market and business requirements
- Hands-on design of the products, selecting concepts, building prototypes, validating principles
- Detail design for manufacture, and working closely with the product implementation team and the wider production function
- Leading your own projects, ensuring the cost and quality requirements are met
- Working in a fast-paced environment, which can involve working on multiple projects at any one time
Who you are
To be considered for this position, you must have a degree in mechanical engineering, product design or similar (significant vocational experience in a similar role for candidates without degree qualifications will be considered). You must be extremely team oriented and it would be advantageous to have experience working in a design engineering position, ideally a high volume manufacturing environment. You must be also be able to offer the following:
- Excellent visualisation and 3D CAD skills
- Strong knowledge of design and manufacturing engineering principles, especially for injection moulding and metal fabrication
- Hands-on experience of prototyping and product testing to meet quality standards
- A natural creative ability, the appetite to challenge assumptions and a passion for finding the best design solution to a problem
- Fantastic communication skills
- Computer literacy
Who are Loadhog?
Loadhog is a multi-award winning, employee owned, UK manufacturer, dedicated to the design and manufacture, sale and pooling of Returnable Transit Packaging solutions across a diverse range of industries. In 2017, Loadhog Ltd was ranked as one of the fastest growing SMEs in the UK for international exports in the annual Sunday Times Export Track. A large proportion of Loadhog’ s growth derives from investment in product development, in fact we set ourselves an objective each year for 25% of our turnover to come from products less than four years old, to ensure that we are always focused in challenging the market with new solutions. What we offer The benefits package includes a competitive basic salary, 15% non-contributory pension, life assurance, private medical cover, permanent health insurance and a share purchase scheme.
Get in touch
To apply, please click on the following link: https://gripple.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=e81f7405-0421-4bbe-a9f5-9fdf551fd199
You can also contact Emma Hibbert on email@example.com for further information.