Loadhog Ltd is an innovative, award winning company specialising in the design, manufacture and marketing of a range of unique returnable transit packaging products. The company has a strong culture of entrepreneurship and team work, where all employees own shares in the business. The company is now at a vital point in its growth, with ambitious expansion plans and now needs to recruit a Maintenance Technician.
What is the role?
Supporting the Engineering team and reporting to the Engineering Manager, the varied role will be based at the Hogworks and will include:
- Responsibility for the maintenance of all machines and equipment.
- Repairs of said machines (during online breakdowns or between runs).
- Project based continuous improvement.
- Updating TPM systems and maintenance logs.
- Working closely with Gemba as well as initiating ongoing improvements.
- Liaising with all shop floor staff to ensure best working practices and identifying areas for improvement.
- Keeping track of spares stock and reordering when necessary.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- Working to customer requests for prototypes/one offs.
- Working shifts, as well as being flexible to cover absences and weekend work.
Who you are
To be considered for this new role you must be highly personable, have a ‘can do’ work ethic, enjoy problem solving and will have:
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and IT communication skills with an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- A good general knowledge of electrics (single phase and three phase), and the ability to safely work on circuits from 24 volts to 415 volts.
- The ability to quickly pick up on how systems work.
- The ability to work independently and get the job done on time.
- A friendly, helpful attitude even when under pressure.
- Good attention to detail with excellent time management skills.
- A genuine interest in mechanics/electronics/powered systems of all kinds.
- A team oriented, flexible approach.
Previous work within an Engineering environment is not essential, but you must have an interest in Engineering related activities. On the job training will be provided with the expectation that you will quickly pick up the necessary skills and develop them over time.
What the role offers
This role is an ideal start for anyone with an interest in Engineering with a view to making a career out of it. Salary is negotiable according to relevant experience plus excellent non-contributory pension scheme, private health cover, life assurance, + share purchase scheme.
Get in touch
To apply, please forward your CV & covering letter to Ben Chandley: firstname.lastname@example.org