Due to our continued growth, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Production Planner-Scheduler to be based at our head office in Sheffield. We are looking to employ an experienced Production Planner to work within our Operations team, modifying and overseeing production scheduling.
The Production Planner’s responsibilities include monitoring inventory levels, regularly providing production status updates to management and facilitating the timely delivery of products to customers. You should also be able to closely monitor the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget.
What is the role?
Reporting directly to the Production Manager and working closely with the Supply Chain team, you should be knowledgeable of material requirements, machine availability and able to manage production deadlines. Ultimately, an exceptional Production Planner should demonstrate excellent time management, organisational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills to ensure that production operations run smoothly.
Key duties will include the following:
- Creating daily production plans
- Creating and maintaining Planning KPI’s
- Evaluating purchase orders to create suitable production schedules
- Issuing all works orders to production in a timely fashion
- Evaluating the amount of material, equipment and labour required for production
- Assessing Standard stock levels and schedule replenishments
- Promptly addressing and resolving production issues to minimise delays in production
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labour and equipment availability
- Effecting changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules
Who you are
The successful applicant should have proven experience in production planning. You also should be able to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) accreditation or other relevant certification is advantageous
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software
- Excellent organisational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Effective communication skills
Who are Loadhog?
Multi award-winning Loadhog designs and manufactures returnable packaging solutions for a diverse range of industries, from manufacturing, postal to retail. Our employee-owned business is highly entrepreneurial, with all employees joining the company purchasing shares, thereby creating employee engagement, individual wealth and a strong team spirit.
Headquartered in Sheffield, United Kingdom, along with a site in Europe, we are known for our market leading RTP innovations. We continue to invest in new products and manufacturing capacity, having a target to deliver 25% of our turnover from products less than five years old.
We have set a challenging vision for our business and we have been on track for the last 4 years. We take pride in doing things differently; that is why we challenge over 100 employees across the world to stamp their own footprint on our company values: the ‘Loadhog Edge’.
What we offer
The benefits package includes a competitive basic salary and 15% non-contributory pension, plus life assurance, private medical cover, permanent health insurance, and a share purchase scheme and gym membership after successful completion of probationary period.
Get in touch
To apply, applicants should submit their CV, along with a covering letter explaining reasons for applying via the following link: https://gripple.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=836cc528-3358-4278-9df9-36d6e0c7cdc8
Deadline for applications:
A polite note for recruitment agencies: We do not accept applicants from recruitment agencies. If we do need support, we will be in touch!
Before you apply
As part of the application process, you will be asked to upload a copy of your CV with a covering letter. We don’t accept postal applications. We will only use the information you provide to process your application. This online application service is provided for Gripple Limited by People Apps Limited using its People® software. For more about how we use your information, see our Recruitment Privacy Notice.