Are you an individual who seeks to challenge, question and identify areas for improvement? Are you energetic, enthusiastic and capable of working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and quality is key? Are you looking for a successful and rewarding career? If this begins to describe you, then this opportunity may be right for you.
What is the role?
Based at our head office in Sheffield and reporting to the quality manager, and working closely with the rest of the quality team, you will learn all aspects of the role in this permanent position. Training will be provided both in-house and externally (18 months) to complete a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship and a Level 3 manufacturing apprenticeship. Duties will include the following:
- performing measurements on Loadhog products
- performing mechanical tests on Loadhog products
- liaising with external bodies for Loadhog’s accreditation in various countries
- maintaining the testing database
- Improving and developing the testing department.
- writing detailed reports
- creating testing plans
- maintaining calibration of all testing equipment
Who you are
To be considered for this challenging and role, you must have GCSE grades C and above in Maths & English (and preferably science) and be:
- highly motivated and hard working with a positive attitude
- interested in quality and engineering with a passion for future development
- able to work well both as part of a team and as an individual
- enthusiastic, with a good work ethic, willingness to learn and ability to work on your own initiative
- numerate and able to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, with a good standard of written and spoken English
Who are Loadhog?
We are a multi-award winning UK manufacturing company where genuine innovation lies at the heart of everything we do. We believe that an important contribution to our identity and success is driven by our status as a 100% employee owned business. Our unique products are designed to solve handling and logistics problems within the supply chain for a wide range of industries from postal and medical, automotive to retail.
What we offer
After the apprenticeship term, there may be opportunities for a full-time, permanent position. In addition to your salary, you will receive a 15% non-contributory pension life assurance, private medical cover, permanent health insurance and a share purchase scheme.
To apply please submit your Covering Letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to our Quality Manager, Matt Payne.